Train Trip to the Sunflower Fields in Thailand

December 11, 2014

During the recent public holiday, I joined the train trip to the sunflower fields in Saraburi. These take place every year during December at the weekend and on the King’s birthday and Constitution Day. They are very popular and so you need to book your tickets at the station in advance. There were still some tickets left when I started tweeting, but they were completely sold out by the end of the day. So, if you still want to go, you will have to wait for next year. Unless you have your own car. The following are some of the pictures I tweeted during the day.

30 Responses to Train Trip to the Sunflower Fields in Thailand

1. SK
    December 11, 2014 at 3:57 pm

Hi,

OMG!!! The train is full??!!!
    DO you know any travel agency which can bring me to sunflower field?

2. mike
    December 17, 2014 at 9:30 pm

How did you know that all tickets are sold out? Any trips for January 3 2015?

December 18, 2014 at 6:18 am

Because I asked and they told me. And anyway, they are only doing it during December.

3. Kathy
    December 18, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Hi Richard, we’ll be driving up there this weekend. Can you tell me what road this is located on? Thanks!

December 18, 2014 at 8:26 pm

There is no road there as it is by the railway track. But I did see some cars and so I think they must have entered through a field. There are quite a few of these fields around. Last year I just drove around until I saw the signs and then just followed them. Sorry I cannot be more specific.

4. sw
    December 22, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Is there anyway in which we book can book through internet or phone fr overseas , so that I can reserve early for next year event. Thank you

December 23, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Their hotline is 1690 but that is only for reservation. You have to visit the station to pay within a few days.

5. Gordon Anderson
    December 24, 2014 at 1:26 am

Referring to previous queries the trips are seasonal and as such the dates cannot be set more than a couple of weeks in advance. The location of the field that the train stops at is this one, though obviously not taken in December.

I will let my contact in public relations know regarding interest in pre-booking from abroad

6. dtan
    September 6, 2015 at 1:20 pm

May I know if there is any tour in train trip to Sunflower Field in 2015 on Nov 21-22, or 28-29? I searched the train website but no information so far..

7. YATI
    November 7, 2015 at 11:59 am

Hi Richard
    Please let me know once they announce the train trip.

Much thanks.

8. Serene
    November 20, 2015 at 2:15 pm

Hi Richard,
    Please let me know too once the train trip is announced.
    Thank you very much.

9. Sofie
    November 25, 2015 at 8:53 am

So, no trains this year but sunflower fields are still there I suppose so we can go by car?
    Thanks!

10. Susana
    December 14, 2015 at 10:51 pm

I went to Hua Lampong train station last weekend (12 Dec2015). They said no train in 2015 due to train accident. The train is being renovated.

11. April 7, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Anybody know about the train trip for this year (2016)?
    Thanks

12. June
    May 18, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Can go there in July instead year end. How to go there by bus ? Please guide me, many thanks 🙂

13. june
    May 23, 2016 at 8:42 am

normal day, is there any train to here too – view sunflower field and dam, please guide me, thanks:)

• May 23, 2016 at 6:39 pm

No, they are special train trips – it doesn’t stop at a station to see the sunflowers. It’s in the middle of nowhere. You have to wait until it is announced.

14. June
    July 20, 2016 at 11:18 pm

Thank you for the information.
    Excursion train schedule for sunflower field and dam – could not find – seems not out yet!
    Please advise.
    Thank you.

15. June
    July 20, 2016 at 11:20 pm

Any train in January and February 2017.

16. August 3, 2016 at 12:35 am

Life is either always a tight-rope or a featherbed. Give me a tight-rope.