Twelve Long Weekend Holidays in Thailand During 2016
During 2016, there are twelve long holidays in Thailand. These are as follows:
- New Year’s Day: Thursday 31st December 2015 to Sunday 3rd January 2016
- Makha Bucha Day: Saturday 20th February to Monday 22nd February 2016
- Songkran: Wednesday 13th April to Sunday 17th April 2016
- May Day: Saturday 30th April to Monday 2nd May 2016
- Coronation Day: Thursday 5th to Sunday 8th May 2016 *
- Visakha Bucha Day: Friday 20th May to Sunday 22nd May 2016
- Asanha Bucha & Khao Phansa: Saturday 16th to Wednesday 20th July 2016 *
- Mother’s Day: Friday 12th to Sunday 14th August 2016
- Chulalongkorn Day: Saturday 22nd to Monday 24th October 2016
- Father’s Day: Saturday 3rd December to Monday 5th December 2016
- Constitution Day: Saturday 10th to Monday 12th December 2016
- New Year’s Day: Saturday 31st December 2016 to Tuesday 3rd January 2017
* This list was last updated on 8th March 2016
5 thoughts on “Twelve Long Weekend Holidays in Thailand During 2016”
Is it true that Friday 6th May is now a national holiday ?
Yes, as noted in the above blog post.
Hello! I am traveling to Bangkok Thailand for the first time and land on May 19. This was not planned for the holiday, but now seeing that May 20th is a holy holiday in the Buddhist culture I am wondering if anyone recommends going somewhere to see the celebrations?
Every Buddhist temple will have events. Also, check out ThaiFestivalBlogs.com nearer the time as I will promote it there as soon as I receive details of events.
Here in Chiang Saen , Songkran start fri 10th April & people continued to drive around like Loons throwing water etc. until Sun 19th absolutely crazy behaviour .