Six Air Purifying Plants for your Home
Due to the pollution in Bangkok, it might be a good idea to consider buying some of these houseplants in order to make your life more comfortable at home. What about you? Do you use any of these plants at home?
1. Bamboo Palms remove formaldehyde and are also said to act as a natural humidifier.
2. Snake Plants absorb nitrogen oxides and formaldehyde.
3. Areca Palms are one of the best air purifying plants for general air cleanliness.
4. Spider Plants are great indoor plants for removing carbon monoxide and other toxins. Spider plants are one of three plants NASA deems best at removing formaldehyde from air.
5. The Peace Lily could be called the “clean-all”. They’re often placed in bathrooms or laundry rooms because they’re known for removing mold spores. Also know to remove formaldehyde and trichloroethylene from air as well. A somewhat toxic plant to pets however, so keep this one on a shelf or out of reach altogether.
6. A Gerbera Daisy not only has beautiful flowers, but they also remove benzene from the air. They’re known to improve sleep by absorbing carbon dioxide and giving off more oxygen throughout the night.
Hat tip to @daveoli for spotting this on Facebook
3 thoughts on “Six Air Purifying Plants for your Home”
Thai names will be useful. Thanks
What they collect daytime they release nighttime. Photosynthesis :).
Do you know where to purchase any of these plants?