Chao Phraya River Cruise with Rua Khun Mae

August 28, 2016

One of the best ways to explore Bangkok is by boat on the Chao Phraya River. You can do this quite cheaply by jumping on and off the express boat. You can also hire a long-tailed boat to explore the canals on the Thonburi side of the river. Another good way is to join a dinner cruise. Most operate in the evenings and only offer a buffet meal. On Saturday, I joined Rua Khun Mae for their afternoon boat tour on a converted barge which included dinner on the way back. My trip was a special program for Mother’s Day, so some places won’t be the same as their regular tours.

8 Responses to Chao Phraya River Cruise with Rua Khun Mae

1. August 28, 2016 at 10:02 am

That’s a really interesting way to handle the pricing: THB 2,484 per person, but the mom who comes along goes for free. Makes me wonder if that extended to prior generations – that would be my mom, her mom, and her mom’s mom 😉

• August 28, 2016 at 10:04 am

It was actually only 500 Baht on their Facebook. Always worth looking for specials.

• August 28, 2016 at 10:06 am

Ah nice, quite the discount! I tend to avoid the mailing lists and Facebook follows – keeps the inbox clean but also means you miss out on a few good deals.

• estelle
        August 28, 2016 at 4:17 pm

Ah, but is this another 2 price since the text about the 500 baht is in Thai?

2. jekita
    August 31, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Wow, it sounds interesting and exciting! I never explore Bangkok by boat even it is really near my home, so I will ask my family to do this on holiday. Thank for your suggestion 🙂

3. Dale Bauer
    September 17, 2016 at 2:30 am

Sir, our group of 6 people will be arriving early January 2017 on a cruise that will dock at 0800 Sunday Jan 8 and depart Bangkok on Monday January 9 at 1700 hrs. Three men and three women, us guys would like to go to a Muhay Thai kickboxing match and was wondering what times do the matches start and how late in the evening do they last? The best way to get there and if possible the THB price? On the other hand the ladies will like to shop and take in a good dinner together at a nice restaurant . Any suggestions/recommendations are much appreciate. We all are coming from SA Texas. Thanks again!

Best Regards