The other day, someone asked me where most of my Twitter followers come from. They were surprised when I said that I didn’t know. They presumed I was tweeting for a particular audience. But the truth is, I just tweet stuff that interests me. I am not trying to target any particular group of people. Sometimes I lose followers for certain tweets that I send out, but I don’t really care about it. I tweet for fun. There is no-one paying me a salary for tweeting. I don’t over analyse anything and I don’t make a habit of checking stats every five minutes. But, this question made me curious to see where most of my followers come from.
- 38,100 followers in Thailand (46%)
- 7,300 followers in the US (9%)
- 5,300 followers in the UK (6%)
- 4,100 followers in Singapore (5%)
- 2,700 followers in Australia (3%)
- 2,100 followers in Indonesia (3%)
- 1,700 followers in Malaysia (2%)
- 1,300 followers in Canada (2%)
- 1,200 followers in The Philippines (1%)
- 1,200 followers in India (1%)
The map at the top of the page comes from twocation.com and the top ten list is from Twitter Analytics. Another interesting top 10 list are the interests of my followers. Most of them are similar to my own, but not necessarily in the same order.
- 59% Business and news
- 49% Politics and current events
- 45% Comedy (Movies and television)
- 39% Movie news and general info
- 38% Tech news
- 38% Music
- 37% Business news and general info
- 30% Books news and general info
- 30% Technology
- 24% Travel news and general info
Do you follow me on Twitter? Where do you come from? What are your interests?