Official Prices for GoPro Hero 4 in Thailand

October 4, 2014

gopro4

If you were thinking of buying the GoPro3+ camera in Bangkok, you might just want to wait a bit. GoPro has just announced their new line-up of Hero cameras. These will go on sale in the US from 5th October 2014. Prices will be $499.99 for the Hero4 black, $399.99 for the Hero4 Silver and only $129.99 for the entry level Hero.

UPDATE on 14th October 2014: The following are the official prices for GoPro 4 in Thailand

GoPro Hero 4 Black Edition 18,500 Baht
GoPro Hero 4 Silver Edition 14,800 Baht
GoPro Hero 4,999 Baht

Click here for a list of dealers in Thailand. I called iLife already and they said they will start selling on 4 November 2014. I’m not sure about other shops.

hero4

The new Hero4 Black shoots 4K video at 30fps, 2.7K/50fps and 1080p/120fps video, 12MP photos up to 30 frames per second and features built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and Protune for photos and video. Waterproof to 40m. The Hero4 Silver shoots 1080p video up to 60fps and 720p/120fps video, 12MP photos up to 30 frames per second. It features built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and Protune for photos and video. Waterproof to 40m. The entry level Hero features 1080p/30fps and 720p/60fps video, 5MP photos up to 5 frames per second, QuikCapture, SuperView and Auto Low Light. Waterproof to 40m.

More information on their gopro.com website >>>

43 Responses to Official Prices for GoPro Hero 4 in Thailand

1. Isabela
    November 23, 2014 at 7:07 am

Hi,

I have a guestion about the price of gopro4 black edition or silver. Is it cheaper than in U.S. or the same? Is there a big difference between black and silver edition? I mean, when you taking a video… Im not a specialist, so sorry for my silly questions.

Thanks a lot 🙂

November 23, 2014 at 11:00 am

Price is more expensive here in Thailand. Black shoots 4K video which is of a higher quality. But, unless you have a 4K monitor or TV you won’t get to see this!

2. Hugo Prizon
    November 26, 2014 at 9:43 am

Hi, are the stores still selling the GoPro 3+Black edition? If yes, can you inform me the price? Thanks

November 26, 2014 at 12:49 pm

Some will have until stocks run out. You have to hunt around.

3. Zenred
    November 28, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Lazada has the gro 3 black for sale at around 2000 cheaper

December 1, 2014 at 6:46 am

Yes, but is the warranty good for Thailand? The shops selling them for cheaper import the cameras and don’t charge you VAT.

4. kozy
    November 29, 2014 at 6:02 am

is there any way there will be diagram to show how to set up my tv and laptop to gopro hero 4 black pleaes

5. Dunno
    December 3, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Thanks for the info Richard.

Quick question, do you have a recommendation for the best place to purchase the Hero 4 Silver at MBK? I am also looking to get a couple accessories.

I will be there just after Christmas (just hoping there will still be stock available). Should i expect to pay the prices you suggested here?

Thanks!

6. Ban
    December 5, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Hi there, where can I buy gopro 3+ silver edition in Bangkok? I’ve been in many stores but couldn’t find one. I badly need it for my holiday trip. Could you suggest a store that sell this edition? Thanks!

December 6, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Did you try Fortune Town or Panthip Plaza? They may be out of stock.

7. ban
    December 6, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I haven’t tried in Fortune town.. I just went to Phantip yesterday, but they’re selling hero 4. Could it be possible the item is already out of the market?

8. Don Stevens
    December 6, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Hi,
    Is the price different from BKK airport duty free n MBK?

December 6, 2014 at 5:04 pm

From my own experience, sometimes MBK is cheaper. But they won’t give you a proper receipt for that price.

9. Laurent Lequenne
    December 13, 2014 at 4:18 am

Hello !

I’m leaving for Thailand on Tuesday… I got problems to be delivered on time for some accessories for GoHero 4, and it’s 3 days i’m running around Brussels to try to find something, I just found a battery :=). I’m looking for a LCD Touch Pack Back, and a Dual Battery Charger. Do you know a place in Bangkok I can find this ?

Thank you !!! Feel free to contact me by email :=)

Laurent

December 15, 2014 at 6:27 am

I’ve already linked to a list of authorized dealers. Some shops in the same building, such as Fortune Town and Pantip might also sell them.

10. Vijay
    December 22, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Hello Richard,

Do you happen to know if I can find go pro accessories in Phuket? I am looking for red filter, batteries etc.

Thanks 🙂

December 22, 2014 at 7:37 pm

I know at the street market I bought some accessories for my gopro for a fraction of the normal price. But not too sure about batteries/filters etc. Best to buy these at a proper shop. I’m sure you can find it somewhere. Lot’s of divers there that I am sure use GoPro.

11. Rosane
    January 5, 2015 at 9:00 am

Hi, i didnt find the link wuth authorized shops to buy the hoero 4+ Silver. Cours u post again: Im in bangkok and i diânt find on MBK neither Siam and Emporium! Best Regards

12. sirichai songcherm
    January 8, 2015 at 9:55 am

I want specification of pc for edit movie 4 k from hero 4

13. Keith Crawford
    January 21, 2015 at 6:51 am

Can a smart remote for Go pro silver 4 be purchased in Bangkok

January 21, 2015 at 12:03 pm

They are not very good for accessories. I’ve been trying to find some things too. Try Fortune Town.

14. Nemanja
    February 1, 2015 at 8:00 pm

Hi Richard, can you tell me price for HERO 4 Black Edition at this moment in Bkk, is it cheaper than in europe? Tnx 🙂

15. Sarah
    February 4, 2015 at 7:04 am

Hi Richard,

Do you know a place in Phuket that I can find Gopro Hero 4 Silver? I didnt find in the list you posted. Do you know if I can find in the international airport? cause I am going to land there and is easier if i could buy in the airport.

16. Paul
    February 10, 2015 at 10:47 pm

Hello
    Since there seems to be such a strong demand on this thread, I hope that Richard will forgive me for this ad.
    I have a GoPro Hero 3 Black, in Bangkok, exactly one year old, for sale (just purchased the Hero 4 Black).
    In perfect condition, open to realistic offers. pjmamabkk@gmail.com

17. Paul
    March 9, 2015 at 11:58 am

One work of warning for potential buyers in Bangkok.
    I purchased a Hero4 from Foto Pro on 5th Floor of MBK.
    It stopped working after only two days and they would not exchange it, they have sent it away to Techline and its been gone nearly a month so far.
    It turns out that Foto Pro imports the GoPro’s themselves, so this means that there is no official GoPro warranty support available in Thailand for these cameras and so it has had to be sent overseas for the repair.
    As Richard suggests above, make sure you buy from an Authorized Reseller, list to be found as per his link above.

• Expat Jim
      March 25, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Silver or Black? I’m about to buy a silver Hero4 from MBK (big camera) but am worried about the warranty. Did you get VAT refund with the warranty too? or are they mutually exclusive? – Cheers in advance!

18. reaz khan
    March 21, 2015 at 3:23 pm

What is price in South African Rands for go pro 3 and 4 in Thailand?

19. sachin bhandary
    April 3, 2015 at 1:36 pm

Thanks for the info Richard.

Any idea whether Xiaomi’s action camera is already available in Bangkok.

I will get there from India next week and my Go pro was stolen so cannot afford another Go pro.

Will appreciate your inputs.

Cheers.

Sachin.

20. Tommy
    April 6, 2015 at 11:04 am

Hi, recently dropped my gopro in water without the case on. Any recommendations? Is there a gopro repair shop on bkk? Is it worth it to get repaired or just buy a new one? Thanks.

21. Shed
    May 1, 2015 at 1:18 am

I need a cam for on the bike or the car so next time a local crashes into me I don’t have to go though all that crap again. What system would you recommend.?

May 1, 2015 at 5:31 am

Go to Pantip, MBK or Fortune Town. Several shops there selling dash cams.

22. Shaam
    June 14, 2015 at 3:27 am

Hey Richard can a 4k footage be transferred as a hd apple pro res and watched on a normal i mac? Cheers bro

June 14, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Sorry, I don’t have an iMac. All I can tell you is that I was advised to shoot in standard HD as not many people have 4K monitors yet and it won’t look that good.

• Shaam
        June 14, 2015 at 1:47 pm

In that case a go pro hd 3 serves the purpose as well i believe or is there too much difference between the resolution of both?

June 15, 2015 at 6:35 am

Yes, if you don’t have a 4K monitor at home, then you might as well buy the cheaper one. By the time most people have 4K monitors a new GoPro will probably be out.

23. Ansya
    June 30, 2015 at 3:37 pm

Hey Richard, I’m leaving for Bangkok this July and planning on buying a GoPro there. Do you think they still sell the HERO3 there? If so what price? Has the price of the GoPro HERO 4 changed?

July 1, 2015 at 10:10 am

I haven’t seen the GoPro 3 on sale for a while. You might find it, but it won’t be too easy. Try Fortune Town or Pantip. I don’t think the price of GoPro 4 has changed yet though they have been doing promotions to get free stuff. Might come down soon.

24. Lauren
    February 27, 2016 at 8:33 pm

The GoPro hero is listed as being prices 4,999 baht. Is this price still standing and is this able to be purchased in Bangkok?