Thai Monk Caught with his Pants Down

May 16, 2013

monksex

The Thai media seem to love it when they can catch a monk in a compromising situation. Either being drunk or eating at a restaurant with a woman. But this one posted today on YouTube is a classic “caught in the act” for this Thai monk from a temple in Khon Kaen. Monks are not allowed to be alone with women but this one was caught by police alone in a hotel room with a 21 year old prostitute. Apparently he paid her 400 Baht (US$13.40) to sleep with her. It feels like almost every day now that there is a monk on the news for the wrong reason. What do you think, are the days of Buddhism numbered or are these still isolated incidents?

67 Responses to Thai Monk Caught with his Pants Down

1. Stanley
    December 19, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Ramesh,
    I still maintain the fact that monks committed crimes or scandals are still not as bad as the churches who still carry on cheating the public when they should know by now the jesus christ thing is fake. It’s proven to have copied from horus joseph and buddha. It don’t bother most people too. Are you aware ?

2. Anthony
    December 20, 2013 at 8:17 am

Buddhism is about practice. It is not a belief such as that by just sincerely believe in your God, your God bring you to heaven one day.

For Buddhism, is more about self practice, if you follow the Buddha teaching and lead your life, you can become Buddha one day. There is no Lord & Followers. Follower will not become the Lord one day. In Buddhism, every one is equal and will become a Buddha if you sincerely lead the Buddhism way.

I am not here to do Buddhist teaching, I just want to clarify, for those who has very shallow knowledge in Buddhism, do not understand truly how complete Buddhism is, and how it describe the universal. Buddhism is a teaching, education more than a religious.

To think Buddhism day are number is ridiculous and laughable.
    There are definitely many use the name of religious to commit crime, not restricted to Buddhism, as Stanley mention.

If you shear your head, wear a monk clothing do not automatically qualify you as a monk that associate with Buddhism.
    The path, the way of life you lead is the key to justify if you are doing Buddhism way which will lead you to enlightenment one day.

However it is very easy to let people who do not know in depth about Buddhism, after seeing someone claim to be a monk involved in a scandal, began to point finger or write this issue associate with Buddhism which to me is totally uncalled-for.

PS: English is not my best language to describe Buddhism.

3. Stanley
    December 20, 2013 at 9:51 am

Thank you for the explaination, Anthony.
    I thought the Buddha is also called the Lord, no ?
    It’s sad that when God created this world and humans, he made the mistake of not perfecting them. So we see some bad monks or bad priests. Maybe God is just testing these monks just like way Christianity believed ? I think the Buddhs is the only real messenger of god because he was the only religious leader that taught people to “understand” and be “wise” rather than to “believe” blindly. At least none of his teachings are rebutted by science.
    I hope Robert & Leshaaaad find Buddhism useful but don’t become monks. No need.

• Anthony
      December 20, 2013 at 11:33 am

Stanley, no, Buddha is not called Lord. Neither is Buddha a God messenger.
      The word “Buddha” translated from old Indian word is “Wise being”, some one that achieve enlightenment, and realize everything about what the universal is all about.
      Every human being, include you and me, in Buddhism perspective is a Buddha in origin, include animals that share the same dimensional with us, actual word to use is Soul, regardless of what form we take. Long then, something has happen, (which cannot be explain by any form of word understood by our human knowledge), that result us being born to this world as become human, or animal, or some beings in other planet.

Buddha who born to this world 5,000 year ago, came for a mission to teach us how to get back to our actual self, which is a Buddha, that can spare us away from all the suffers we have in this world.

You may wonder, what suffer? I am very happy now. It is amazing that not much of us realize the suffers we have is actually greater than the joys we have as a human being. We tend to remember the Love, sex, good food, entertainments, all these kinds of joys that bring to us. However when sickness, old age, death, parting with love one, all this sadness sit in, all the joys count nothing, the worst thing is “karma”, where we need to pay for the bad things we do in the next life or if the bad karma is too great we will be into the dimensional of suffering hell. Born to the animal world is also a result of bad karma.
      There is no coincident someone born rich, or poor, beautiful or ugly, normal or handicap, clever or dumb etc. There is always a reason behind it.
      Doing many good deeds in this life is a good karma, you will be repay in your next life, such as become rich, beautiful, famous etc, but is it good enough? NO, because the tendency of you doing bad thing in your next life increase especially being born rich.
      So in Buddha perspective, clear up all your desire, return to where we should be, is the ultimate path to take. Stay out of this born, reborn cycle.

I came from a country that freedom to choose your religious. The theory of “Karma” attracted me more to choose Buddhism instead of others.
      Buddhism teaching is the best ever, but of course, everyone will say his/her religious is the best.

Sorry, probably expressing too much here.

4. Stanley
    December 20, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Anthony,
    Thank you again. Your explaination is simple and clear. I got curious in Buddhism after reading think monk incident and google for more info. From there, I also learn that christianity actually created from someone out of buddhism and islam was created out from christianity. Do you have any website where you can recommend to me to read up more about Buddhism in a easy and basic manner ? I like your type and style of Buddhism understanding and explaination.
    Now I agree and wish to learn more.
    So far I only understand karms because I can relate it to science action theory.
    You mention 5000 years, fo you mean the2nd last buddhs ? I understanf the last Buddha was around 2500 years ago.
    I read he was called Lord Buddha by some books and websies. Many those are done by westerners ?
    I mentioned he is messenger of god just to please those who believed in a creator.god.Since they believe a creator god created the world and the buddha was the greatest teacher, he must be the real messenger :-)

5. Ramesh
    December 20, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Stanley, this link (http://www.accesstoinsight.org/) is a good start to learn Buddhism.