Samsung Galaxy S4 Released in Thailand on 3 May

April 24, 2013

20130424-215943.jpg

As many of you know I’m an Apple fan as I have both an iPhone 4S and an iPad 4 (upgraded from iPad 1). Like other people I didn’t upgrade to an iPhone 5 as I wasn’t impressed. Apple used to be a leader in innovation but they just seem to be playing catch up these days. On the other hand, Samsung has been doing some amazing things with their devices. Over the last year I’ve seen many people switch to Samsung from either BB or iPhone. Now with the launch of the Galaxy S4 in Thailand on 3rd May 2013 I’m seriously thinking about jumping ship. There has been some good reviews so far. The launch price is 21,900 Baht. Is there anyone out there that has made the switch from Apple to Samsung?

RT @khajochi: Samsung ประกาศราคา Galaxy S4 อย่างเป็นทางการแล้ว 21,900 บาท เปิดขาย 3 พ.ค.นี้ http://t.co/Tl4js3QM8V

11 Responses to Samsung Galaxy S4 Released in Thailand on 3 May

1. Mohit Sood
    April 24, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Switch to Lumia 920.You will love it. Android eats up battery

2. fred norris
    April 24, 2013 at 11:51 pm

oh god, can you recommend a cheaper option. the pound into thai bhat is killing me, the phone would be for my wife, no one calls me , lol.

3. Jim
    April 25, 2013 at 7:49 am

Tired of paying a premium for the Apple logo. Good bye Apple, hello Samsung.

4. saran
    April 29, 2013 at 6:38 am

cause samsung creates a new thing as apple continue to maintain their concept without design changing. Now samsung is proper for man who want innovative devices.

5. Em
    May 1, 2013 at 11:38 am

I have a few friends who are also thinking the same way. I have done a bit of investigation and wondered if anyone could help with which version to buy – I know of 2 main options; 19500 and 19505. The Uk release is getting both types, whereas in Thailand, I believe it will only be 19500. I travel quite a lot between UK and Thailand and want a phone that will be easy to use in both places. Any one got any ideas/advice please? BTW – Richard, go for it!!! I’ll let you know how my friends get on.

6. Jay
    May 1, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Hey Richard, First of all, great blog. I was referring to it quite frequently in Ireland and it was only today when I was looking through my bookmarks I found it again.

I’m not sure if this answers your question but I have fr a while had android. I just prefer the way it connects up all my google stuff together. My employer gave me an ipad and I began to use it. I was really astonished by how limited it was and how expensive it was to get content. At Christmas I gave it to my sister’s kids. They love it. I think this goes some way to showing that the ipad is not much more than a toy. (I’m going to be blasted for that comment).

7. PinAir
    May 2, 2013 at 11:11 am

@Em

The difference between 9500 and 9505 is 9505 could run on a LTE, 4G. As I read in Thailand the 9500 without LTE will be sold. Truemove announce to start its LTE test in April 2013 … think for you self if it make sense buy now a non LTE device

• Em
      May 2, 2013 at 10:14 pm

@PinAir Thanks for the advice! I will go for that one then. 🙂

8. Zoltan Szucs
    May 7, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Samsung Galaxy S4 is definitely much more developed device than iPhone 5 but the bottom line is the software not the hardware. I have no experience with the latest Android Operation Systems but 2.3 Gingerbread was unstable and unreliable meanwhile iOS works smoothly without any issue and much more user friendly. Even though the newest Android phones have much faster CPU and much bigger battery capacity I am not sure whether they are faster than iPhone 5 and have longer battery life. I switched from Samsung to iPhone because of these reasons.

9. Kamogelo
    August 31, 2013 at 12:22 am

Hey I’m flying to Thailand in 3 weeks time, is the S4 still the same price or has it gone down? And can I use it in South Africa

10. Jay
    August 31, 2013 at 7:03 am

Same same. It’s unlocked too so working in South Africa should be fine.