It hasn’t been rolled out nationwide yet, but the “Foreign National Information Form” has started to make an appearance at some Immigration offices around Thailand. Samut Prakan is the latest office to have this form. it would seem that you need to fill it in during every visit, which includes 90 day reporting and extension of stay. A friend had to fill it in twice during the period of one month. You should also note that you need a passport photo for this form. The following is the introduction at the top of the form:
“This form shall be used for making record of information of every alien entering and staying in the Kingdom of Thailand and shall be submit with Notification of residences for Aliens (section 37, 38 of Immigration Act, BE, 2522), or 90-days notification, or Extension of Stays (all purposes), or Re-entry Permits, or in all cases involving alien labors.”
Section 1 is for the recording officer to fill in his own details.
Section 2 is for information about the “alien”
- Full name, date of birth, passport number, and names of father and mother
- Full address and telephone numbers in home country
- Full address and telephone numbers of your home and work in Thailand
- Social media and email (this is optional)
- Car make, model, colour and license plate
- Frequently visited places or premises such as clubs, restaurants, shops, hospital etc
- Emergency contact details for one Thai and one foreign national
- Bank account details such as bank, branch, account name and account number. This is only required for certain types of visa applications)
The third page is for any additional information that you wish to surrender to the Immigration officers.
Please note, the form ends with these words: “Providing false information to an officer, shall be punished under Penal Code.