Promo Code for 100 Baht Discount with GrabTaxi to the Airport
There has been a lot of buzz on social media in Thailand about the GrabTaxi app that you can use to book a taxi. It is being hailed as a quick and safe way to use taxis in Bangkok. I liked one of their recent tweets that told a potential customer that all of their taxis have seatbelts in the back. This has been a small gripe of mine for a while now. I’ve written more details about Grab Taxi on my blog which you can find here.
The reason that I’m writing about them again today is that they have a promotion between now and 16th April 2014 where you can get 100 Baht off any trip to either Don Mueang or Suvarnabhumi airports. To take advantage of this special offer, just type in #grabairport in the “Notes to Driver” field when you book your ride. Here are the full steps if you haven’t done this before:
- Step 1: Download the GrabTaxi app from the Apple App Store , Google Play Store , Windows Phone Store and/or BlackBerry World
- Step 2: Enter mobile number & email in the app to create your GrabTaxi account (If you do not receive your Activation Code, please call our 24-hour customer service at: 08-0551-4873 or 09-2403-4354).
- Step 3: Book a taxi to airports in advance:
- – Select “Don Mueang Airport” or “Suvarnabhumi Airport” as your drop-off location
- – Select pickup date & time in “Date & Time” field. Please book a taxi in advance at least 2 hours.
- – Key-in “#grabairport” into the “Notes to driver” field (with the hashtag) and then click “Book Now”
- Step 4: You will receive an in-app message, SMS and/or email about successful redemption of promo after getting a taxi allocated by the system.
- Step 5: Show the promo confirmation to your driver and get 100 THB discount off your ride. (If your ride fare is less than 100 THB, then your ride is completely free!)
Let me know in the comments below if you have ever used grab Taxi in Bangkok.
2 thoughts on “Promo Code for 100 Baht Discount with GrabTaxi to the Airport”
As with the earlier comment, they simply don’t turn up. Who can risk that with a taxi to catch a flight?
It’s a good idea but problem is that it hardly works. Not sure about others but I have tried it and it worked the first time. After that tried it tried to book on three separate occasions with no success, no drivers would pick me up. Ended up calling the taxi radio. I have since deleted the app as it is useless.