Schedule and Map for Obama’s Visit to Thailand 18-19 November 2012
US President Barack Obama will officially visit Thailand as a guest of the government from Sunday 18th to Monday 19th November 2012. He has a tight schedule and probably won’t have much time for any sightseeing. He will arrive late afternoon on Sunday and leave the next morning. Scroll down for the map.
SUNDAY 18TH NOVEMBER 2012:
- 3pm (TBC) Obama will arrive at Don Mueang Airport on Sunday afternoon. Met by Deputy-PM (1)
- 4pm Obama will visit Wat Pho, The Temple of the Reclining Buddha and stay about 45 minutes
- 5pm Obama has been granted an audience with HM The King at Siriraj Hospital (2)
- 6pm Obama will be received by PM Yingluck at Government House (3)
- Obama will hold bilateral talks with PM Yingluck at Government house
- Joint Press Conference at Government House
- PM Yingluck will host a dinner to honour the US president at Government House
- Obama will meet with US Embassy staff at Chulalongkorn University’s sport complex (BP)
- At the end of the day, Obama is expected to check-in at the Four Seasons Hotel
- Morning (TBC) Obama will fly out of Don Mueang Airport (2)
(1) Interested Media who would like to cover the event, please pre-register with the Embassy of the United States
(2) Official media only
(3) Interested Media who would like to cover the event, please pre-register with the Government Spokesmen Bureau by fax number 02 288 4398 or Email: [email protected] by Thursday 15 November 2012
[cetsEmbedGmap src=http://maps.google.co.th/maps/ms?msid=210550963008557722983.0004ce7efba74fe980217&msa=0&ll=13.825745,100.561981&spn=0.2697,0.308647 width=500 height=525 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 frameborder=0 scrolling=no]
I will update this page as soon as more information has been released.
5 thoughts on “Schedule and Map for Obama’s Visit to Thailand 18-19 November 2012”
Maybe after Thailand he will visit his home in Indonesia.
Hey Richard…great tweets!
Would love to take photos of Air Force One when President Obama arrives. Can a humble English teacher with a love of photography get anywhere near?
I don’t have any experience of this. I think it would be very difficult. I presume he is landing at the Air Force section of the airport.
I heard from the US officials that the Obama will be visiting Soi Cowboy, Asoke on Saturday evening for a bit of R&R. LOL
Thanks Richard! Keeping my fingers crossed.