Thailand Travel Blogger Richard Barrow

September 1, 2016

I have been exploring Thailand for over twenty years now. At first I was just doing it for pleasure, but in 1997 I became one of Thailand’s first travel bloggers. It is now a fulltime job for me. The following is a list to my recent trips and also blogs and social media accounts.

1. RichardBarrow.com – news & events of interest to expats and repeat tourists

2013:

@RichardBarrow

9 Responses to Thailand Travel Blogger Richard Barrow

1. Ryan Biddulph
    March 3, 2015 at 8:47 am

Hi Richard,

SO much experience you have and what a resource here.

Keep up the inspired work!

Ryan

2. Sarah
    March 20, 2015 at 7:16 pm

Hi Richard, this might seem irrelevant but I was wondering if I could share some questions and my itinerary with you for my first ever trip next month?
    My husband and I have done ample research but have some confusion here and there.
    Thanks.

3. Ben Davidson
    April 14, 2015 at 6:15 pm

Hi Richard,
    my family myself, wife and kids are traveling to Thailand in May and my wife is saying she doesn’t want to go because she belives it is not safe for us. We are flying into Phuket and then staying 9 days in Khao Lak, is she justified? or being paranoid? Any pointers you can give to help ease her issues I would greatly appreciate. Thanks
    Sorry about repost but i forgot to get notifications

April 14, 2015 at 7:32 pm

I was in Phuket not too long ago and didn’t see any reason for alarm. In fact my cousin is going there on holiday later this week and I see no reason or need to warn her of any danger. Why does she think it is not safe?

4. Roselle
    November 7, 2015 at 7:10 pm

Hi Richard, do maybe know the price of a gopro hero 4 black edition in Thailand Phuket?

5. August 22, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Hi Richard
    Have you ever tried exploring Thailand with one of these maps: (Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Nonthaburi) http://www.nancychandler.net ?
    The maps are over 40 years old and are receiving constant updates, it is the key to exploring with confidence! If you would like to see the map, I could send you a complimentary map to peruse – contact me!

• Leslie Bowler
      September 6, 2016 at 7:00 am

Oho Nancy Chandler maps 😉 I’ve used these maps looong time ago but nowadays would find that way to outdated to use a static map. I mean, no search, filter, geolocation (where am I?), zoom etc. Last trip I was using this map:
      Takes a bit to load espec. on phone but thats very up to date.

6. Lisa
    September 15, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Hi Richard, do you know what the reasons behind speedboat companies not doing island transfers from the mainland after sunset? If you could advise that would be most appreciated. Many thanks Lisa