Green Bike Lane at Suvarnabhumi to close June-September

April 9, 2015

IMG_5329

The 23 kilometer Green Lane at Suvarnabhumi Airport has proved to be very popular with local cyclists. The last time I went, the car park was overflowing and I had to park on the main road. The bad news is that the cycle lane will be closed down for four months from June to September 2015. The good news is that they will be doing a complete upgrade. This includes, an additional lane for cyclists who want to go a different speed, restrooms and snack shops. The best addition will be lighting which will allow people to cycle on the track at night in order to beat the heat of the day.

Have you used the Green Lane yet? Let me know in the comments below of what you think of it and what other improvements you would like to see.

8 Responses to Green Bike Lane at Suvarnabhumi to close June-September

1. Anth
    April 9, 2015 at 9:15 am

I’d like to see a running track added or at least runners allowed onto the new track for slower riders.

2. April 9, 2015 at 11:10 am

This is good. The Bangkok Skyride would be a better addition. 55km elevated cycle route attached to the existing BTS. check out the youtube video.

3. Brian
    April 10, 2015 at 8:05 am

Here in Chiang Saen , the local authority built a great cycle path , running alongside the Mekong river. The locals completely ignored & continued to use the highway . It is now completely overgrown & cannot be used . A huge waste of public funds .

4. MS
    June 8, 2015 at 5:17 pm

Hi, I was wondering if you know of anywhere else in Bangkok that is similar to The Green Cycle Track at Suvarnabhumi Airport? Now that it is closing down for 4 months I’m looking for a new place that is very similar to this. Thanks.

5. Louail Al Heib
    August 7, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Do we have Any news from suvanaburmi bike Lane? I have passed next to it last week and it seems so far to be ready…

August 7, 2015 at 8:55 pm

I haven’t heard anything.

• richard
        October 8, 2015 at 9:35 am

Haven’t seen any news of it being reopened yet, does anyone know if it is?