Thai School Life in Pictures – Week 01

November 19, 2014

For over 20 years now I have been teaching at a school in Samut Prakan in Thailand. I have seen a lot of changes in that time. If you are interested in learning about every day life in a Thai school or are thinking about teaching in Thailand, then you might be interested in a new Twitter account I have started called @ThaiSchoolLife. Over the next few weeks I will post some highlights here.

Click here for more.

6 Responses to Thai School Life in Pictures – Week 01

1. bergen
    November 23, 2014 at 8:57 am

Unless you aren’t showing the complete menu, I’m surprised to see how much meat there with not a whole lot of fruits and vegetables. This is in a country where there are a lot of good fruits and veggies.

Has it been twenty years already that you are in Thailand? Time flies doesn’t it?

November 23, 2014 at 11:02 am

The students don’t like the vegetables so much and most will leave it behind on their plate if it is served. It’s a continuous battle to sneak veggies into a dish.

2. Sandeep
    November 24, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Enjoyed watching pictures and reading caption. But I see more food than school :p

November 24, 2014 at 3:05 pm

It’s a school in Thailand. What do you expect? Life here is centered around food!

3. Khunchin
    December 11, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Hi Richard, I now work on Bangkok & live in Sathorn. Made a trip one weekend to pay you a visit. I was too confident I was able to find your office. But I failed.

Walked around the school perimeters hoping someone will know you but no luck.

Hope to meet you again. Nice to note that BTS will go to Samut Prakan

December 11, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Normally if you want to visit you would need to let us know in advance so that I can inform the security on the front gate. They wouldn’t normally let people into the school.