Thai School Life in Pictures – Week 01

For over 20 years now I have been teaching at a school in Samut Prakan in Thailand. I have seen a lot of changes in that time. If you are interested in learning about every day life in a Thai school or are thinking about teaching in Thailand, then you might be interested in a new Twitter account I have started called @ThaiSchoolLife. Over the next few weeks I will post some highlights here.

Click here for more.

6 thoughts on “Thai School Life in Pictures – Week 01

• November 23, 2014 at 8:57 am

Unless you aren’t showing the complete menu, I’m surprised to see how much meat there with not a whole lot of fruits and vegetables. This is in a country where there are a lot of good fruits and veggies.

Has it been twenty years already that you are in Thailand? Time flies doesn’t it?

• November 23, 2014 at 11:02 am

The students don’t like the vegetables so much and most will leave it behind on their plate if it is served. It’s a continuous battle to sneak veggies into a dish.

• November 24, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Enjoyed watching pictures and reading caption. But I see more food than school :p

• November 24, 2014 at 3:05 pm

It’s a school in Thailand. What do you expect? Life here is centered around food!

• December 11, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Hi Richard, I now work on Bangkok & live in Sathorn. Made a trip one weekend to pay you a visit. I was too confident I was able to find your office. But I failed.

Walked around the school perimeters hoping someone will know you but no luck.

Hope to meet you again. Nice to note that BTS will go to Samut Prakan

• December 11, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Normally if you want to visit you would need to let us know in advance so that I can inform the security on the front gate. They wouldn’t normally let people into the school.