The New GoPro Hero 3+ is Now on Sale in Thailand

November 1, 2013

gopro3plus

If like me you were thinking about buying the Go Pro 3 but were put off with the limitations of the WiFi and the bad reviews about the smartphone app, then you might be interested in the news that the GoPro Hero 3+ has just arrived in Thailand. It has only just come out in the US and so I’m surprised that it is here so quickly. The prices in Thailand are as follows:

Black Edition ฿14,500 (In America it is $399.99 – ฿12,474)
Silver Edition ฿11,200 (In America it is $299.99 – ฿9,355)

These are official prices from the dealers (see list here). Some shops usually sell it for less than this price. But check first that there is a warranty. The new GoPro Hero 3+ is said to be both smaller and lighter compared to its predecessor. In addition, the WiFi has been greatly improved and apparently runs smoothly now when previewing pictures/video on your smartphone. Picture quality and sound quality is also said to be better.

Here is some information from the press release:

The HERO3+ Black Edition – The Most Advanced GoPro Camera Yet.

• Innovative new housing yields a 20% smaller and lighter overall package when camera is installed in housing (waterproof to 40m)
  • 30% longer battery life
  • 4x faster Wi-Fi for quicker transfer and playback of photos and videos from your HERO3+ camera to your mobile device when using the GoPro App
  • SuperView is a new video mode that captures the world’s most immersive wide-angle perspective
  • Auto Low Light mode intelligently adjusts frame rate for varying lighting conditions
  • A new lens for sharper video and improved image quality

The HERO3+ Black Edition camera has a suggested retail price of 14,500 baht.

The HERO3+ Silver Edition- 2x More Powerful.

• 2x faster image processor than the HERO3: Silver Edition
  • Enables 1080p60 and 720p120 fps video
  • Innovative new housing yields a 15% smaller and lighter overall package when camera is installed in housing (waterproof to 40m)

The HERO3+ Silver Edition camera has a suggested retail price of 11,200 baht.

33 Responses to The New GoPro Hero 3+ is Now on Sale in Thailand

1. Baht
    November 1, 2013 at 10:07 pm

“The HERO3+ Black Edition camera has a suggested retail price of 14,500 baht.
    The HERO3+ Silver Edition- 2x More Powerful.”

Can you please clarify? The bolded line in your article implies that the cheaper Silver edition is two times more powerful.

November 1, 2013 at 10:09 pm

It’s from the press release and I presumed that they are saying that it is two times more powerful than the previous edition. Everything in that list is comparing with previous editions.

2. richard 2
    November 1, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Not sure the Thai one will work smoothly here yet. Mega hype TiT. However, the promo girls are of major interest to me 🙂

3. Baht
    November 2, 2013 at 12:02 am

Ah! Thanks Richard. I get it, now.

We have a .Life store in Phuket, but it’s not on the list of dealers. Also, I went to the GoPro web site and they are out of stock!

• Mink
      February 6, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Dotlife (.Life), both Central Festival Phuket and Big C Phuket, is GoPro Authorized Reseller and Central is the largest GoPro shop and accessories in Thailand.

• Baht
        February 7, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Thanks Mink. I’ll give the one in Central a visit.

• Thutra
        June 16, 2014 at 5:52 pm

Hi there, i’m gonna be in Phuket next week. i want to buy a gopro camera, wonder if the store is still there or not? Thank you so much!!

4. Jessica
    December 19, 2013 at 1:10 am

Hi Richard,
    Can you help, I am desperately trying to get hold of a gopro camera, preferablly the latest model for my husband for our first christmas as a married couple and our first Christmas living in Bangkok. I have walked the length of Siam’s mall and elsewhere trying to get my hands on one but it seems the distributor has recalled all the cameras to create a ‘hype’ for the next release. IF you have any suggestions I would be so SO grateful. Thanks.

5. Jessica
    December 19, 2013 at 11:13 am

NO I haven’t I’ll try there today, thanks so much.

6. tony
    February 6, 2014 at 9:04 pm

So, what about the stores that are not listed, will there be a problem with the warranty? Im in Pattaya, and I have seen them here, but with all the “gray” stuff being sold, just wonder what will happen when there is a problem with the camera. How much is the usual discount?

7. Len
    February 9, 2014 at 10:46 am

Where in Chiang Mai can I get my hands on one of these? cheers, Len S

8. reza
    February 21, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Hi Richard
    Please let me know where can i buy a GoPro 3+ Black edition in Pattaya, i’ll be traveling there in a month and I need to get it on the first day on my trip so i won’t be missing recording any action 😉
    thanx
    Reza A.

February 22, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Sorry, I only know for Bangkok.

• chel
        March 25, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Hi Richard

I’ll be there in Bangkok by next week. Can you suggest where can I buy gopro hero3+ in Pratunam?

thanks,
        chel

March 26, 2014 at 11:34 am

Try Pantip Plaza which is on Phetchaburi Road.

• chel
            March 27, 2014 at 5:43 pm

thanks Richards!

9. rensy
    April 19, 2014 at 8:29 pm

hi richard,is it available in jungceylon mall in patong,phuket?

10. N W
    July 13, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Hi Richard!

I’m in Bangkok for a few months, and am planning to buy a Hero3+ Black Edition for my trip to Koh-lanta.
    As you seem to know your way around, is there a particular shop in Bangkok you would suggest going to for a legit gopro at a good price? From what I’ve seen, Pantip plaza seems to flourish on counterfeit and illegal sales…

Thanks for your advice!

July 14, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Fortune Town IT Mall is growing in popularity. Take exit 1 at MRT Rama 9.

11. Veejay
    September 19, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Hey Richard,

whats the price of GoPro 3+ silver now? and where can i buy it in Bangkok

Cheers

September 20, 2014 at 7:27 pm

I don’t know the latest price. Try Fortune Town. Isn’t there a new one coming out soon?

12. Matthew
    January 5, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Hey there

Some how I lost my battery for my gopro three on NYE do you know of a local agent that sells the original batteries. I am in Phuket and are having little luck finding a stockist

• Baht
      January 5, 2015 at 5:36 pm

There’s a .Life store in Big C that sells Go Pros.
      Also Powerbuy in Central Festival.

Don’t know if either sells replacement batteries, though.

13. John
    January 26, 2015 at 9:07 pm

Hi, I’m in Bangkok and I lost my go pro 3+ cable. Would you please list me the places where I can find a replacement? I’m near Thanon Sathon Tai but I wouldn’t mind going further away just to find a replacement.

Appreciate an answer asas

Thanks from now

January 27, 2015 at 6:44 am

Not sure which lead you mean, but there are GoPro shops at Fortune Town and MBK.

• John
        January 27, 2015 at 8:49 am

The charger I mean

January 27, 2015 at 2:22 pm

Just the lead? That’s just a USB to mini USB lead I think. They are two a penny. Should find in any gadget shop. MBK has many shops like that. Just take along your GoPro to show what connector you need.

14. Vishwesh
    April 9, 2015 at 8:03 pm

Hey any idea about latest price of 3+ silver and where i could get it? MBK?

April 9, 2015 at 10:21 pm

Not sure how easy to find now as everywhere sells the GoPro 4

• Vishwesh
        April 10, 2015 at 5:12 am

Thanks for reply. 4 silver will cost 14800 right? Or could I get it cheaper?