Celebrate Loy Krathong at Asiatique from 15-17 November 2013

October 11, 2013

asiatiqueloykrathong

One of Thailand’s most colourful and beautiful festivals is Loy Krathong. This is celebrated every year on the full moon in November. This year Loy Krathong falls on Sunday 17th November 2013. Many places around Thailand will be celebrating this event. One place in Bangkok that you could enjoy the festivities is at Asiatique The Riverfront. They have a big event from Friday 15th to Sunday 17th November 2013. There will be a light and sound show, a concert and fireworks.

Tags:

10 Responses to Celebrate Loy Krathong at Asiatique from 15-17 November 2013

1. Jim
    October 11, 2013 at 11:21 am

No more Asiatique for me as a result of the dual pricing you brought to my attention.

All decisions have consequences and Asiatique with their racist dual pricing has forever lost my patronage.

I am not on FB but you have my permission to post this on their FB page.

2. October 11, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Richard, is there already a schedule for the sky lantern festival in Chiang Mai this year? I believe this is for Yi Ping.

3. Khom Loy
    October 19, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Yes, The Loy Krathong / Yee Peng Festival takes plave from the 16th to the 18th November. The main full day is the 17th Nov. I found this – http://www.skylanterns2u.com/blog/

4. Lily Goh
    November 8, 2013 at 11:37 am

I am going BBK on next sat to rush in time for 17th Loy Krathong which never been for tis festival. Any programme time at Asiatique(never been there before)for tis festival? Thanks inadvance.

November 8, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I haven’t seen a schedule but it is always in the evening. Probably from 5pm until late. I will update this post if I find out more information.

• Lily Goh
        November 9, 2013 at 2:38 am

thanks for ur reply n am waiting for update info.

5. Peterpan
    November 9, 2013 at 11:46 am

There will be a press conferenc on 11 Novermber,13.

About Guinness world records some thing.

If I have more info from IT marketing online manager., TAT . I’ll tell u more.

I will get a press release on Monday.

To be continue

6. Stanley
    November 11, 2013 at 6:00 pm

From my past visits and knowledge, the last day in Chiang Mai always have more events than the first 2 days although the main day is the 2nd day.
    I done agree with those who think that it’s not right to have dual-pricing. Why should we care if they charge the locals less or more ? If Asiatique is considered racist for dual pricing, what when the government impose foreign visitor’s fee ?

7. Stanley
    November 11, 2013 at 6:03 pm

The Chiang Mai sky lantern at Mae Jo is at Nov 16th this year. This year’s is the closest date to the 3 nights Loy Krathong festival. Damn, I arrive Chinag Mai on the 17th, so I will miss it again.

8. Stanley
    November 11, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Lily,

The boat event thing at Asiatique is very short and quick, so be there early. I missed it last year by just 10 mins and they are all gone.
    Bangkok’s Loy Krathong is nothing much. The place to go is Chiang Mai and Sukhothai.