Watch English Premier League On Demand and Online with 365Sport

August 11, 2013

20130811-213027.jpg
When people first heard that CTH had beaten TrueVisions to buy the rights to the English Premier League they were very excited. At long last there was an alternative to the True monopoly. But this joy was short lived when it soon became obvious that newcomer on the block CTH were just as bad if not worse as True. Many people complained about lack of details of the packages and a call center that never picked up or were rude. And when people got through they had to wait weeks if not months for them to be connected. Now CTH has admitted that some people might not even have the box in time for the kick-off.

So, what is the alternative if you find yourself in this position or if you are in a building that doesn’t allow you to change cable operators or fix a satellite dish outside your window? Well, the answer is IPTV. There are now literally hundreds of channels available for free on the Internet. As long as you have fast and reliable Internet you should be able to stream these channels live on your computer. I’ve told you before about ThaiExpatTV that streams British TV into your living room for a monthly subscription. Now comes 365SportTV with five dedicated sports channels.

What makes these two services better than other IPTV products is that the servers are here in Thailand. This cuts down on the problem of buffering that you might otherwise see. In addition the quality of the picture is much better. However, what makes this service more worthwhile is that all programs will be on demand. This means that you can watch one match live and then another one, that was on at the same time, straight afterwards or even the next day. Like ThaiExpatTV you will be able to watch 365SportTV on your computer, either a Mac or PC, on your smartphone or on an Android box. I watch ThaiExpatTV on my big screen by using my iPhone together with an Apple TV. You will be able to do the same with 365SportTV.

The 365SportTV service starts this week and so I cannot give you a full review yet. However, the reason that I am writing about it now is that if you register your interest on the 365SportTV website today you will get these channels for FREE until 27th August 2013. After that date monthly subscription will be 600 Baht. This obviously means you will get to watch the opening matches of the season for free. That way you can decide if you want to continue or not. At the moment I don’t know exactly which matches will be shown. That announcement will come soon. In the meantime, here is what is available this weekend:

EPL SCHEDULE SATURDAY 24th AUGUST

365 Sport Channel 3: 18:10-20:10 – Bolton Vs QPR (LIVE)
365 Sport Channel 2: 18:45-20:45 – Fulham Vs Arsenal (LIVE)
365 Sport Channel 3: 20:55-23:00 – Stoke City Vs Crystal Palace (LIVE)
365 Sport Channel 4: 20:55-23:00 – Newcastle Vs West Ham (LIVE)
365 Sport Channel 1: 21:00- 23:00 – Everton Vs West Brom (LIVE)
365 Sport Channel 2: 21:00-23:00 – Southampton Vs Sunderland (LIVE)
365 Sport Channel 2: 23:30 – 01:30 – Aston Villa Vs Liverpool

EPL SCHEDULE SUNDAY 25th AUGUST

365 Sport Channel 1: 21:55-23:55 – Tottenham Vs Swansea
365 Sport Channel 2: 22:00-00:00 – Cardiff City Vs Manchester City

EPL SCHEDULE TUESDAY 27th AUGUST

365 Sport Channel 2: 02:00-04:00 – Manchester United Vs Chelsea

Let me know in the comments what you think about this or other alternatives you have for watching these matches. Soon I will do a review of other IPTV services that you can use to watch literally hundreds of channels here in Thailand.

365sport2

UPDATE: Wednesday 14th August – I have just received an email to download the player for Windows and Mac. A link for smart devices will come later. At the moment there is only one channel, 365 Sport TV 2. You get to choose from any of the programs from today. Presumably tomorrow you will get to choose from two days worth of TV and then so on. Eventually they are promising 7 days on demand. As you can see on this screenshot, the channel is Astro Supersport. A visitor to my blog was able to work out where each of their five channels come from:

Channel 1 = Fox Sports (Ch.812 on Astro)
Channel 2 = Astro Supersport (Ch.810)
Channel 3 = Astro Supersport 2 (Ch.811)
Channel 4 = Astro Supersport 3 (Ch.812)
Channel 5 = Star Sports (Ch.813)

It is not confirmed yet, but presumably you won’t be able to watch ALL the matches. Probably just the main ones. The email today also promised that more channels will come online over the weekend to cover the EPL matches as mentioned above.

UPDATE: Saturday 24th August – There are now 5 channels with HD quality. Subscription is 600B monthly with 300B set-up. Cheapest is 6,000B yearly & no set-up. Works only with Thai IP address. Free until midnight on Tuesday.

59 Responses to Watch English Premier League On Demand and Online with 365Sport

1. August 12, 2013 at 2:16 pm

If you want FREE sport until 27th August, please register now: http://www.365sport.tv/register.php . Accounts will be set up mid-week.

• Ray Davis
      August 21, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Both players are down thai expat and the new sports package. The website is also down. No news no replys to emails? just paid for three months up front? whats happening??????????????

August 21, 2013 at 6:56 pm

On the Facebook page for ThaiExpatTV they posted half an hour ago saying they have server issues and expect to be back up soon.

• Doug Sangster
      August 25, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Would like to Register contact 091 253 9573

August 25, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Doug, I’m just a blogger writing about different ways to watch EPL. You need to click on the link in the blog and visit their website. Thanks.

2. Alex
    August 12, 2013 at 11:12 pm

Will it have on demand catchup like Thai expat tv?

August 13, 2013 at 11:44 am

They say 3 day catch-up to start with during the free trial period and then a full 7-day catch up like ThaiExpat TV.

3. August 13, 2013 at 11:38 am

All the BPL, EPL this season + all the UK TV for free on the JSAT MX – for just THB 8,000 and install yourself in a few minutes see http://jsat.tv/mediacenters.html for more details

4. Alex
    August 13, 2013 at 11:44 am

Hi Anne.

I have one of your boxes. Which service is it under?

August 13, 2013 at 11:51 am

JSAT use IPTV the same as this new sport service. The difference is that you only pay for their box and then you get all the channels for free without subscription. With 365Sport you have to pay a monthly subscription but there are two advantages: Their servers are in Thailand so less buffering and they will have 7 day on demand which means you can watch when you like. I will do a proper review on JSAT’s box soon.

5. August 13, 2013 at 6:04 pm

How do you Register and can you choose which match you want to see iam an Arsenal Fan and watch Arsenal ames can I watch the game this week against Villa and what do I have to do to get it on Thank you

August 13, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Click on the “register” button on their websites. About the matches this weeken, as you can see I have listed them above. As to how to get it, register first and they will email you with info.

6. Scott
    August 13, 2013 at 6:43 pm

If the servers are based in Thailand and you are getting a picture ‘better’ than the SD picture you often get/got on the non-HD Truevisions channels, then the cost isn’t bad at all. But if the quality is like a stream from abroad, then it will not be worth it.

For 600 baht for 5 sports channels, I think people will demand near HD quality to make it value for money, especially with other competition around and more to follow in the future.

I cannot find any link to Bet365, so I am curious to know who the parent company is. Is this a serious operation or a fly-by-night operation?

August 13, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Scott, those are good questions and concerns. About the quality, we will have to wait and see as trials do not start until mid-week. About whether 600 Baht is worth 5 channels of sports is purely up to your own decision. How much sport do you watch? Is there enough of what you want to justify this? They have announced that they will do discounts if you pay for a year, but like you said, can we trust them to still be around this time next year? Again, you have to make that decision. The only reason that I have brought this to the attention of readers of my blog is to offer an alternative for people who cannot change their cable operator or fix a satellite dish outside their window. Choice is good but it obviously has to be informed. The jury is still out on this one.

7. Scott
    August 13, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Looking at the expat tv site setup and this one, I can see many similarities, so it seems likely that it’s the same people. That being the case, I think they should offer the choice of either (as they appear to now)at 600 baht, or bundle the two together for about 800-900 baht. At that price they may be able to compete with CTH for UK expats. But, at 1,200 baht for the two packages, which are not in HD nor guaranteed to be around long-term, they should surely look at a more realistic price structure.

HD quality streams from a local server via CTH are on the horizon. I think that thaiexpat.tv’s biggest plus at the moment is that that they can access British TV which is a bonus for things like the FIA World Cup (2014) and the Olympics (2016) which are not always easy to follow for many expats here.

Anyway, there is hope for us condo dwellers …

8. Gareth
    August 15, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Thanks for posting about this Richard. I have got the trial and so far it is great, a real God send as I do not even have tv hooked up in my apartment. I will gladly pay 600bht, I am just hoping it will last the whole season.

9. Adam
    August 15, 2013 at 10:07 pm

I have registered my interest in the free trial and so far I have not heard anything back. If this is a serious operation, I’m sure they would want as many customers as possible. Just glad I never had to exchange any money. Who knows, maybe they have a backlog of more than a day. I always have been impatient.

Fingers crossed

• August 17, 2013 at 2:05 am

Adam, please send a support ticket if you still cannot receive the channels, Yes we have had a major backlog. Please cantact us if you cannot watch.

Cheers
      Denis

10. August 17, 2013 at 2:17 am

You can get a 100% FREE trial now until the 27th of August by registering now at: http://www.365sport.tv/cart.php

If you have any issues registering and accessing your free trial please let us know.

Thanks,
    Denis

11. Geoff
    August 17, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I have downloaded and set up the expat tv software free trial. It appears to work fine regarding the audio, but I don’t get any video.
    Back to Vip box then, at least all the football is on vipbox for free…
    BTW I keep asking people about download speeds. iptv say 2 or 5mb. are they meaning connection speed or download speed. for example a 2mb download speed would need a 20 mb connection??? Can anyone answer this

Geoff

August 17, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Strange you don’t get any picture. Maybe something wrong withe the video card or driver? Have you contacted their support? To get minimal buffering you need to have download speeds of at least 2-3MB. If not sure then run a speed test.

• Geoff
        August 17, 2013 at 2:51 pm

My internet connection speed is 18 mb.
        I contacted support and they suggested updating graphics driver, I checked on internet but a better driver could not be found. I have since uninstalled anyway, was not what I wanted.
        I have since spoke to IpTv Thailand and they have shipped me their Maige iptv box. I originally ordered the thai iptv box but they told me quite a few problems arise with that box.
        Hopefully I will receive the box in a few days now. I can watch football tonight on vipbox for free.

Geoff

12. Matt
    August 17, 2013 at 7:41 pm

Hey guys. Tried to download the sport365 but had probs. said I was missing MC…. Something or other. Emailed the support team and got a rapid response. Right now all is working and just watched first half of lpool match. Only negative is it looks like everton match is t on like it said earlier in the thread!! Boo!!
    Still buffers slightly but affects audio more than visual.

• Geoff
      August 25, 2013 at 2:07 pm

I downloaded the bet 365 free package. I had it on all last night Sat 24th, on several occasions it just froze and I had to reboot my pc. After All the football I tried to shut my pc down but it just hung on the closing down stage. I have since uninstalled this program due to pc problems with it. The quality of the pictures on bet365 is nothing compared to the IpTv system I am using, the picture quality is excellent and over 60 english speaking channels. IpTv box from http://www.satellitetvthailand.com/

Geoff

August 25, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Geoff, the quality for me on the computer is not so good. Also the stream is not so reliable. But that depends a lot on the specs of your computer. For me I get a perfect picture on my 32 inch LCD screen via my iPhone and Android box. I rather not watch TV on my computer as I work on it all day.

• Geoff
          August 25, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Agree, watching on Pc not too good. Thats why i am happy with IpTv on my 32” lcd. I also think 600 baht a month is rather high for 5 channels of sport that bet365 are offering. I have now terminated my true visions ku band satellite tv contract from the end of this month, that was nearly 1,600 baht per month. Everything seems to be changing to online tv these days, let us hope the internet doesn’t go down…
          Geoff

August 25, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Yes, all of my TV these days is either streaming or downloads. So nice to be able to put the TV wherever I like in the rooms these days! Just needs to be in range of the WiFi.

13. Geoff
    August 17, 2013 at 7:44 pm

I have just watched the first half of the Liverpool game on VipBox, all the games are shown here. I am surprised nobody else as mentioned this free service on http://www.vipboxsports.me/ you get a few adverts on start up and download offers but these can be closed down. No need to download anything.
    Geoff

14. Adam
    August 17, 2013 at 7:46 pm

I agree, it’s a shame that everton have not been selected to be streamed as I’d imagine there’s more demand for that game than others.

So far, so good in terms of the match. Pity it’s not a stream from BT sport as these pundits are not the best.

• Geoff
      August 17, 2013 at 8:44 pm

The stream I watched on vipbox was streamed from BT 1. Pretty good reception.

• Geoff
      August 17, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Everton game at Norwich is being shown on vipbox live.
      Geoff

• Adam
        August 17, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Geoff,

I’ve just downloaded the “desktop app” and it’s still not working. More problems with VIPbox

• Geoff
          August 17, 2013 at 9:17 pm

You obviously didn’t see what I said previously. When I said you do not need to download anything. I made the same mistake earlier. just open vipboxsports.me, click on football and choose your game. Do not download anything, you don’t need any desktop applications. You need to uninstall that application.
          Geoff

15. August 20, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Hi Guys,

An UPDATE!

We will be replacing all streams with HD versions in the next couple of days, ready for the weekend games.

Anyone that would like to register will get free service, until 27th of this month.

Get your 100% FREE trial here: http://www.365sport.tv/cart.php

Thanks,
    Denis

16. Scott
    August 21, 2013 at 12:16 am

That’s good news Dennis. I think the only thing missing now is the HD or near HD quality picture. Once you have a stable version of that, I for one will be very impressed, and there are 4 more people at work who are giving the thumbs up too.

Cheers.

17. Matt
    August 21, 2013 at 7:07 pm

Denis
    Is there a problem with the site? I had to uninstall the last version and when I went to download it says the site doesn’t exist??

August 21, 2013 at 7:10 pm

They posted on Facebook just now to say they are having server issues. Should be back soon.

18. Scott
    August 21, 2013 at 7:12 pm

The website for sport365.tv seems to be down and the software is no longer working … is the beginning of the end before the end of beginning?

August 21, 2013 at 7:14 pm

Server issues apparently. ThaiExpatTV just posted on their Facebook page.

19. Matt
    August 21, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Thanks richard

20. Scott
    August 21, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Thanks for the update.

21. Trickcyclist
    August 22, 2013 at 12:14 am

How can I contact this CTH mob to get EPL?

Are they a cable company and are they in Cha Am area?

Don’t want Streaming Video over the Internet as local service too slow.

Many thanks

August 22, 2013 at 7:25 am

On their website there is a list of local dealers with phone numbers. You might need a Thai friend to help you call them.

22. Matt
    August 22, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Anywhere we can get a schedule for this weeks football on 365 sport? Other than the download…

23. Carl...
    August 23, 2013 at 5:22 am

Hi…

Do you know if 365sport.tv only works in Thailand??
    I am in the UK and won’t let me log in?

Thanks…

Carl…
    Does

August 23, 2013 at 8:02 am

I presume that is the case then. At least for the time being. ThaiExpat was like that at first but they have now opened up to more countries.

24. Scott
    August 23, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Well, after a promising start 365sport is looking less attractive as it has failed to do much of what it said it would, i.e. move up to 5 channels and offer an HD quality picture. The Fox picture looks decidedly worse than a week ago.

Tempted at first, but it all seems pretty unprofessional and would rather download games via forums in near HD quality.

August 25, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Take another look Scott. Already 5 channels and HD quality.Still free for another few days.

25. August 24, 2013 at 1:49 am

Hi Guys,

Just wanted you to know that HD channels are now live on the broadcast we offer.

Please sign up for a 100% free trial until 27th to see for your self.

Best,
    Dennis

• Carl...
      August 25, 2013 at 12:51 am

Hi Denis…

You can only view this in Thailand is that correct?

Thanks…

Carl…

26. Matt
    August 24, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Anyone know if anywhere has it on live in pattaya tonight??? looking for the everton game. i know its on 365sport but am going out

27. August 25, 2013 at 8:58 am

Tried their OSX app last night, which had problems with audio playing to the Apple TV with airplay mirroring (video was fine, audio didn’t work). Woke up this morning and they had already updated their app and emailed me. Worked like a charm. I think this solves my Premier League problem. Thanks for the post Richard, good news on this solution.

28. Alex paton
    September 2, 2013 at 8:07 pm

I’m on the brink of signing up for the 365 sports. The picture quality has been very good but there is something adrift with the sound. There’s a kind of jerkiness and I’m wondering if it might be my connection.I subscribe to TRUE 10M/512K (950 Baht)Also, if I get a box to connect to my telly will this worsen matters? How exactly does the computer connect to the TV?
    I hope someone can help to satisfy my ignorance.

September 2, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I personally don’t like watching it on the computer. Partly because it is not comfortable to do so but also because the quality isn’t as good. Using an Android box or Apple TV solves this problem. It also helps those people who have a slow computer. I will do a proper review of these devices tomorrow as I use both.

• Alex paton
        September 2, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Thanks Richard. I’ll look forward to your review which sounds encouraging

29. James Osborn
    September 8, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Just to get this right……. I subscribe to 365 Sports TV which i watch for now on my IMAC, but if I got an Apple TV I can stream it to my Samsung TV and watch it on the big screen? I tried to do this with Serviio which works fine for stored content (video and pictures etc) but could not get it to work for the live IPTV stream.
    This is a very useful blog with replies, thanks for everyones input so far. Cheers.

September 8, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I only own a iPhone and iPad so cannot tell you of experiences of streaming from a Mac to the TV via Apple TV. But I do know people with Macs who stream things like youtube onto their TV.

30. Alex paton
    September 11, 2013 at 5:01 pm

365 Sport I have agreed to sign up despite the stuttering sound when I view on my monitor. The staff at 365 were very helpful with my initial queries. Unfortunately, every time I send a message about purchasing the android box (6 at the last count) I am getting zero response.
    This sound problem on my computer is unacceptable so I have to have the box.Is there any other way of contacting them? I don’t want to renege on the agreement.

31. Geoff
    September 11, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Forget this service bonny lad, it is too unreliable. Head to IpTv.
    Geoff