Thai-US Friendship Photo Exhibition at CentralWorld in Bangkok

July 20, 2013

IMG_2133

To mark the 180th anniversary of Thai-US friendship, the Cultural Affairs Section of the US embassy will be exhibiting 180 photographs that showcase everyday life in the two countries. They are the entries submitted by Thai and American photographers to the embassy over the past months months. Half of the photographs are by Thai photographers and the rest by Americans. The pictures are on display alongside images by famous photographers such as Steve McCurry and Benya Hegenbarth. The exhibition will then travel throughout the country.  Visit www.180photographs.com for more information.

Venue: Central Court on ground floor of CentralWorld in Bangkok
Dates: Now until Sunday 21 july 2013, 10:30am to 9pm

IMG_2028

IMG_2135

IMG_2145

More pictures on Facebook >>>

9 Responses to Thai-US Friendship Photo Exhibition at CentralWorld in Bangkok

1. Jim
    July 20, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Hello Richard,
    Thanks for this informative report and photos:

I just found your blog doing a search for the 180 exhibit.
    I was one of the amateur photographers on the stage and unfortunately could not take the group shot. If you happen to have one I would be interested in obtaining one too.
    Jim

July 20, 2013 at 1:41 pm

I did take a group shot on stage. There should be a link at the bottom of the blog for more pictures on Facebook. Let me know if you cannot see yourself as I did a few closer shots which I didn’t upload.

Congratulations on being selected.

• Jim
        July 20, 2013 at 11:32 pm

Thanks Richard, I do see one of my images from the exhibit, it is the one right next to Steve McCurry, that I called “The Broom”.

I am not in the group shot you posted as I was the last one on the right side facing the audience.
        It would be your left side as you faced the stage. If you happen to have one that would be great!

Thanks,
        Jim

July 21, 2013 at 7:26 am

I uploaded to Facebook one more picture which showed people at your end and also the ambassador. Let me know if you want me to send you a bigger version.

• Jim
            July 21, 2013 at 10:20 am

Yes that is the one. please do send a larger file. The larger the better!

Thank you Richard!

July 21, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I’m away now until Wednesday, will send you when I get back.

• Jim
            July 21, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Thanks Richard,
            have a nice holiday!

• Jim
            July 25, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Hi Richard when you have a spare moment please send the bigger version of the group photo.
            Thanks
            Jim

• Jim
            July 29, 2013 at 11:11 am

Hello Richard,

When you have a spare moment please send the bigger version of the group photo.

Thanks