Social media today has been talking a lot about these so-called eleven things that you are forbidden to do during Songkran this year. They say it should be “Songkran” and not “Songkram” which is Thai for “war”. I think most people would agree with many of these rules if not all.
1. Don’t carry barrels of water on pick up trucks
2. Don’t stand or sit in the back of a pick up truck with the intention to play water fights
3. Don’t sell alcohol in designated water fight areas
4. Don’t drink alcohol in a vehicle even if you are just the passenger
5. Don’t use high pressure water guns
6. Don’t put ice in the water
7. Don’t sexually harass women
8. Don’t play music loudly
9. Don’t buy or sell things on the side of the road
10. Don’t use talcum powder
11. Don’t drink and drive
What do you think? Is the government spoiling the fun or is it a necessary evil?