Where to Donate Clothes and Used Items in Bangkok

February 20, 2013

secondchance

People often ask me where they can donate unwanted clothes or household items. In the UK we would just give to the local charity shop. They seem to be everywhere there. But I have never seen anything like that in Thailand. The only suggestion that I have had was to leave items by the side of the road and it will soon be picked up by someone who needs it or someone who could recycle it to make some needy cash. Obviously not ideal. But today I saw this tweet about a charity shop in Bangkok called A Second Chance. Click on the link to visit their website to find out more. Please post in the comments if you had any experience with them or if you can suggest alternatives.

RT @travelhappy: Second Chance http://t.co/cE1frpFb has a free pickup service for donations

11 Responses to Where to Donate Clothes and Used Items in Bangkok

1. Daniel
    February 20, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Holy Redeemer Church in soi Ruamrudee ( close to BTS Ploenchit) also receive all kind of items and are use for charity purposes.

2. Chris
    February 20, 2013 at 9:14 pm

It seems to be very improper to give 2nd hand items to people in thailand. Usually i get very astonishing looks when i tell that i buy 2nd hand for my toddler. maybe thats the cause why 2nd hand shops etc. are hardly to find in Thailand?

3. February 21, 2013 at 6:56 am

Mirror Foundation also take all used items for donation :) mirror.or.th/eng_index.php

4. February 21, 2013 at 10:09 am

I usually pack them up nicely and give them to these guys on bicycle who buys and sells old things. let them earn some money by selling the old things away is good too.

5. February 27, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I’ve used Second Hand and actually contacted them about a pick-up just this week. The first time, they came to my house and picked up several bags of items I had to donate – seems like a great organization – the items are usually sold at a very low cost and the funds used to support other worthy projects they have underway.

• Kipp
      November 2, 2013 at 11:21 am

Good to know. Thanks!

6. Daizy
    August 9, 2013 at 2:26 pm

If anyone wants to donate clothes or anything let me know. I volunteer with urban refugees and asylum seekers. You can drop by and donate clothes at our office or give them to me and I will take them in for you. We are in need of baby clothes since many refugees have children.

• ss
      September 24, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Hi,

I’d like to donate some clothing (and perhaps other items — though we are not sure which yet) to your office. Where is it located? Is this the Bangkok Refugee Center?

7. Daizy
    August 9, 2013 at 2:27 pm

My email is dmaan2010@hotmail.com

• Pepper
      November 23, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Hello,

Do you take in old books? Thanks.