Twenty-two year old Tom Armstrong has gone missing in Thailand. The British man originally came to Thailand in April 2012 to do a Dive Master course on Koh Tao. During his time in Thailand he kept regular contact with his family back in Britain. On 8th January 2013 he was due to fly home but he never arrived. However, on 16 January some money was withdrawn from an ATM in Bangkok. His family are desperate for any contact from him so that they can be assured of his safety. They have now set up this Facebook Page.
If you have seen Tom Armstrong, or know any information about his whereabouts, you can contact his mother by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Suffolk police (+44-1473 613 500). Tom Armstrong is approximately 6ft 2ins, of medium build with fair, slightly wavy medium length hair and sometimes has a short beard, which is more red than fair in colour.
I have tweeted news about this over the last few weeks on @RichardBarrow. I will add more links here as and when they come in:
- 15 January: Mother of British traveller, 22, missing in Thailand since Christmas makes emotional plea for his return (Daily Mail)
- 22 January: Money withdrawn from bank account of missing Tom Armstrong (east Anglican Daily Times)
- 23 January: Please help find missing Brit in Thailand (Andrew Drummond)
- 23 January: Desperate mother prepares to fly to Thailand to search for son who went missing (Daily Mail)
- 24 January: Mother uses internet to search for son missing in Thailand (BBC)