New Satellite Service in Thailand Called TrueTV

August 14, 2012

It seems that every few months a new satellite service comes out in Thailand. First GMM-Z and then Sun-Box. Good news for us consumers of course, but from what I have seen so far, it is not really much in competition with True Visions. Mainly channels in Thai language only. This new one probably won’t be much different. The name on the box is TrueTV. It is a partnership between two satellite giants: PSI and TrueVisions. The press conference was only this afternoon so I don’t have full information yet, but I do know the following. There will be over 100 channels on this box with no monthly subscription fees. They guarantee this “1 million per cent”. As for the channels, 65 of them come from PSI and 56 from TrueVisions. The cost of the box and satellite dish is 1,990 Baht or 890 Baht for the box only.

I will update this post as soon as I get more information.

6 Responses to New Satellite Service in Thailand Called TrueTV

1. David Beahan
    August 16, 2012 at 11:31 am

How do i get one of these?

August 16, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I haven’t seen them on sale anywhere yet, but they often set up stalls in local supermarkets like Big C/Lotus. You could also try your local satellite dealer. If I can get more information I will let you know.

2. Vojtech MARTIN
    October 9, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Dear Friend, I have an appartment in Pattaya. I would like to get a good TV satelit + internet. Could you please advise?

3. Tina Sivilay
    October 22, 2012 at 10:42 pm

how much is this for and how can i order it ?

October 23, 2012 at 9:56 am

Visit any True shop or stall in hypmermarkets like Big C. You need to check with them for latest promotions.

• Martin
        October 23, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Hello, the True Shop in Big C/Lotus is wellknown. However they offer there just Satelit TV, but not internet. Would you have some other advice regarding a quick internet? In my appartment in Pattaya / Jomtien. Thank you very much in advance. Martin.